Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tainted formula,day 72 waiting for LOA

We found out 2 days ago that 22 baby formulas in China have been tainted with melamine. The melamine can cause kidney stones and kidney failure. According to our referral report one of these confirmed tainted baby formulas is what Katie has been drinking, probably her entire life. Our agency is unable to get any information from the CCAA or the orphanage. Our agencies in China staff has done checks on the AWAA children waiting to come home and the finding was none were affected. What does that mean? I'm really not sure, I guess that means none of them have passed away or have been hospitalized. We are using a wonderful comany called Ladybugs and love to do a check on Katie. There is no guarantee the orphanage will give them information, however they have done it before so we pray they will do it again.

It has been 72 long painful days waiting for our LOA. The last 2 have been the worst. Our agency has no idea when our LOA will come. They expect it anytime, however it could take much longer. This is one of the hardest things we have ever gone through. We are helpless a half a world away from our baby. We KNOW God is with her. Please pray for Katie, and all the children who have been affected.

I hope the next time I post I will have some good news:)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Congrats on your RA! I am a fellow AWAA family and wondered if you would clarify where you got the info about the in China staff checking on the waiting children. We receieved our RA on the 8th and are anxious to get to our son. When I read your post I emailed our FC to inquire. Our AWAA FC emailed today telling me the in country guides have not checked on waiting children. I am confused and hoping you can clarify where you recieved your info. I pray you hear from Angela and Kelly soon on your orphange call - I was saddened to hear they would not be doing those for a while - we were so blessed by the precious pictures and info they got for us. Thanks so much -
blessings,
heather