Sunday, October 19, 2008

11 months and and no TA

It is Sunday afternoon as I write this. On Friday all of my rumor queen buddies within in the U.S. with the same RA date as us received their TA. Everyone but us. Our agency never called. I waited and waited. Everytime the phone rang I knew it had to be them but it never was. Around 2 o'clock Jeff asked me to call the agency to find out if they had come or not. I asked the gentleman who answered the phone and he replied "thats a good question, let me get K for you." I ended up leaving a voicemail however never heard back.

I'm so happy for all of the RQ friends, I truly am. Its funny how you can be so happy for someone and yet so sad for yourself. They are all so excited. Some are making flight plans and packing to leave as soon as this week!! Maybe DHL misplaced our agencies package and it will arrive on Monday I first told myself. Then I have heard that Consulate Appts. are becoming limited due to the sn and nsn TA arriving. Some agencies have already told their families they may not travel until the end of November. So where does that leave us? I have no idea.

Today Katie is 11 months old. Yet another month older and the time for us to get TA & CA appt is getting less and less to be with her for her 1st birthday. The airfare is getting much higher as we approach the holidays. Too many questions and no answers.

Everyday while I was waiting for our LOA I would get up in the morning hoping and praying it would come that day. I would tell God I will praise you all day, and if it comes I will praise you, but aha, the hard part , if it DOESN'T come I WILL praise you. And I did. Friday, when the TA'S starting coming in I said this, and I meant it. I am still praising Him for all He has done and will do. That doesn't mean I'm not sad. The weekend has been probably the hardest times in this process, with the exception of finding out about the tainted formula.

As I close this post I will refer to one of my favorite bible verses,"For all things work together for good to them that love God, who are called according to His purpose." I know that all of these things will work out for the good. Thats not to say that it is not hard. The last time I had said in a post I hope to have good news soon, I did. So I will once again say that hopefully the next time I post all things will have worked out. In the meantime, please lift our family in prayer through this very difficult time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping it would show up also. I was at a women's retreat this weekend which helped distract me. I'm thankful for your RQ news. I don't follow that anymore but at least some news is better than good news. I'll be sitting by the phone and the computer tomorrow (while doing laundry!)

The Nageotte Family said...

We are also with AWAA and waiting by the phone and computer just like you. Thought for sure Friday, then Monday. We also put a call in Friday and then today with no response so far. We will keep praying!

The Nageotte Family said...

We are also waiting for approval to travel to our daughter. We have also placed calls Friday and today and are waiting for a response from AWAA. We will keep praying knowing God is bigger than all those things that seem to complicate this process!