Monday, October 20, 2008

TA!!!!!!!!

Yes, it came!!! I have to recap todays events for you. You may want to read my post from yesterday to fully understand what I'm talking about now. I had emailed our travel coord and asked for a phone call at work to discuss whats going on. I left work early today and no phone call. I of course checked my email when I came home to find an email from K letting me know that they will call as soon as our TA arrives. That it could be another 3 weeks. I had no words really. Many emotions, and anger was at the top. As I left to take our visa apps to the fed ex box I walked down the driveway crunching the leaves on the driveway that had fallen. I love the beautiful colors of the leaves and the way they crunch when you walk on them. I once again talked to God telling Him that as angry and sad as I was I would praise Him. I praised Him for the wonderful colors and also that I am able to walk to hear that crunch when I walk . I am thankful for my vision to see those beautiful leaves. We all have so much to be thankful for.I have so much to be thankful for I told Him. I asked Him to take the anger away and replace those feelings with love. And you know what, He did. I went to the fed ex box, picked up Brooke from school and decided to stop for pop and pizza for the kids for dinner. I just wasn't in the mood for cooking. I had a peaceful feeling that only God can give. And then what happened? I was walking into the pizza store when my cell phone rings and its Jeff to say, "we got it", very calmly I might add. "Got what" I said, "you know, our TA", he says. Aghhhhh!! Are you kidding me? This adoption journey is so full of emotions, but as I mentioned before, it takes alot of faith. And sometimes faith isn't easy, especially when you are in the middle of a very emotional event.

I have many AWAA friends who are still waiting for the LOA. There are no words for what they are going through. It has been almost 4 weeks since the last LOA's came. Please uplift them in prayer. Pray for renewed strength that can only be given by God.

One more thing, our "tentative" travel dates are 11-6-11-21. We will not know for sure until we have our CA(consulate appt). We are hoping that comes very soon, but we KNOW God is in control and ALL things work together for good to them that love God who are called according to His purpose.

3 comments:

Diane said...

That sounds very similar to our day today. I just knew that we would hear something on Friday, so when we did not I emailed K and just asked for an estimation on travel dates. She replied very promptly that tentative dates were Nov. 13. I was happy for the reply, but was so hoping for TA. Then, my husband called this afternoon and very calmly said we have TA. And, our tentative dates are Nov. 6th as well. YEAH and hope to see you in China soon!

catbertie said...

Hooray!!! God is good....we'll start praying for safe travel and wonderful bonding!!!
blessings,
Cathy

http://talbertfive.blogspot.com

Kristi said...

Hooray! I'm praying that your CA will be approved and you'll be heading out on the 6th!